[EnergyPlus_Support] Preheat Coil Operation

I am simulating a COMPACT VAV system that has a preheat coil due to
the large amount of OA that my zones require.  I have the gas preheat
coil set to deliver 7.2C minimum to the system.  However, during the
simulation, the outlet temp of the coil regularly fluctuates below
that temp.  In fact during the design day it stays at -3.5C.    The
schedule for the coil is currently blank, meaning it should be
available all the time.  Any ideas on what might cause this?  I can
post the file, if there are no quick fixes.

Thanks,

Andrew