[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EPlus Simple Model (outside surface temp help)

I also am performing some basic wall calculations on a simple box
zone. I am experiencing a problem that I have not been able to
resolve. I noticed that the outside wall temperature and roof
outside temp (for example variable "ZN001:WWALL:Surface Outside
Temperature[F](Hourly)") is less then the outside air temperature
ever reaches -1.8F outside air (-6.9 degrees F for Walls, -19.2
degree F for Roof). I changed the surface temperature to No wind, No
sun thinking their may be some radiative effect going on. This did
not correct the problem. I also verified that the outside air
temperature was maintained constant (-1.8F). The mean daily range
was set to zero. Does anyone know what is going on here? I could
post the file but I first wanted to know if there is some modeling
reason that could cause this.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Hamilton

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@...> wrote:

> There are many REPORT VARIABLEs related to surfaces.  Add REPORT,
VARIABLE
> DICTIONARY; to the idf, run the file, and review the rdd output
file, searching
> for "Surface".  For definitions of report variables, search the
I/O Reference.