[EnergyPlus_Support] Energy storage into a wall

Hello!
I?m trying to evaluate the role of thermal
inertia of an exterior wall of a very simple
building in purchased air simulation. The idea is
to calculate the energy stored into and released by the wall, say DE.

For this I use ?conduction into the wall, qko?
and ?conduction from outside, qki?, like defined
in the manual Engineering Reference page 35 and 48 respectively.

I calculate qko by summing the energy flows at
the exterior surface as it is described on page
35 of the Engineering Reference:
qasol + qLWR + qconv ? qko = 0

Instead I obtain qki from the Energy Plus
outputs: ?Opaque Surface Inside Face Conduction
Gain[W](Hourly)? and ?Opaque Surface Inside Face Conduction Loss[W](Hourly)?.

I assume the following sign convention:
qko >0 if the flow enters into the wall
qki >0 if the flow enters into the internal zone.

Then the internal energy variation of the wall in a time step is calculated as:
DE = (qko ? qki) Dt

It should be that if DE < 0 the wall is loosing
energy, while if DE > 0 the wall is storing energy.
Then I expected to find that DE changes its sign
during the day, showing the heat storage and
realease. But on the contrary during the summer
period I observed that the wall always has a
negative energy variation. The wall has more loss
then gain. But, looking at the outside and inside
surface temperatures of the wall, they are not constantly decreasing.

How do you feel with this result? Did anybody
ever try a similar analysis? May you suggest any
other way to study the energy storage into the wall?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Michela