Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Design Day V.S. Schedule

Dr. Li,

Thank you. I have questions about design day and sizing.

In energyplus, the system will be sized on design day, and shown in hvac sizing summary. It will take the solar information from weather file and use the weather temperature from whatever we input in SizingPeriod:DesignDay, is it right?

When I run the simulation for a full year, and looked at the report, Space Gain Component at cooling peak month, the maximum zone/sys sensible cooling rate [W] happened on July 10th, 07:15, not on my design day July 21th. Since I use school schedule, there is no occupancy on July 10th.

To size the unit, I want to get the maximum cooling load. I feel like if I change my design day to July 10th in sizing period, I may get a larger calculated design load, but, it's not true. When I change it, the cooling load in hvac sizing summary didn't increase.

The value listed in report of space gain components at cooling peak month, are they the maximum number during each month or they are the averaged number again?  zone people total hat gain is zero in Jan, Feb,  July, Nov, and Dec, which is totally different from my occupancy schedule, I have people in building during these months. How should I understand this report? Thanks a lot.

Qianmin