RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Setting the HVAC ON/OFF cycle

Attached are your last IDF simulation results with one warning on the Roof entry.

 Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: adityaravi87@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:08:49 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Setting the HVAC ON/OFF cycle

Dr.Li,

Thank you for the time.

Well I had some schedules put up for the equipment and Lights. Also I have included some occupancy schedule in my idf. So the warnings are now associated with these inputs only. I changed my CLGSP sch and HTGSP sch to the simple example one which you have suggested. If you can now tell me what is type4 Thermostat and how I can use it and also how to choose or set the on/off fan instead of the constant fan, I can make the changes and run the simulation.

Like I mentioned my final motive is to achieve a ON/OFF schedule for the HVAC. I was also given a suggestion to look into EMS documentation which I am doing right now.

It will be of great help if you can modify my IDF and send me the file with pointers explaining how the schedule works. I need to get the simulation output in the format I had written in this post. Please guide me through it.

Sincerely,

Aditya