Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to run DesignDay simulations - Summer and Winter

For a 'normal' simulation -- with the run period and using the design days to size, you would enter:

SimulationControl,
   Yes, !- Do the zone sizing calculation
   Yes, !- Do the system sizing calculation
   Yes, !- Do the plant sizing calculation
   No, !- Do the design day calculation
  Yes;  !- Do the weather file calculation

For a test simulation where you only want to run the design days and not the annual (or run period) simulation:

SimulationControl,
   Yes, !- Do the zone sizing calculation
   Yes, !- Do the system sizing calculation
   Yes, !- Do the plant sizing calculation
   Yes, !- Do the design day calculation
   No;  !- Do the weather file calculation
In both cases, it will run all the design days in your IDF file. ASHRAE Fundamentals Handbook has 17 combinations of winter and summer design condtions plus monthly design condtions.  These annual design conditions are included in the .DDY that comes with the EPW .ZIP -- if there are design conditions in the ASHRAE handbook for that location.