RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] double skin facade

Based on my observation and experience, accurate modeling of double skin facades is not easy and requires intensive efforts. Please refer to the following publication:

Kim, D.W. and Park, C.S. (2011), Difficulties and limitations in performance simulation of a double skin façade with EnergyPlus, Energy and Buildings, Vol.43, No.12, pp.3635-3645

Park, C.S., Augenbroe, G., Messadi, T., Thitisawat, M. and Sadegh, N. (2004), In-situ Calibration of a Lumped Simulation Model of Smart Double-Skin Facade Systems, Energy and Buildings, Vol.36, No.11, pp.1117-1130

Best Regards,

Cheol-Soo Park, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

Department of Architectural Engineering & u-City Design and Engineering,

College of Engineering,

SungKyunKwan University

Suwon, 440-746, South Korea

Office: +82-31-290-7567