Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Calculated cooling and heating load zero for all zones

SummerTypical and WinterTypical are not valid keywords there.

You have to specify typical in the RunPeriod for sizing, if you want to use those for the sizing calcs.  (And still specify the schedules for SummerDesignDay/WinterDesignDay)

At 10:06 PM 1/22/2013, Aber Alvi wrote:

Thanks Karen. I used 99.6% heating design conditions for WinterDesignDay and 1% cooling design conditions for SummerDesignDay from the weather file in the SizingPeriod and also changed it in the schedules and it works, but I'm just curious to know why it doesn't size using the typical conditions from the weather file.

Aber

From: Karen Walkerman <kwalkerman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Calculated cooling and heating load zero for all zones

Hi Aber,

In "Zone Control Type Sched" you need to use SummerDesignDay and WinterDesignDay instead of SummerTypical and WinterTypical.

--
Karen

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Aber Alvi <aberalvi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Karen,

Yes, below is the control type schedule and I have given the single heating and cooling set point schedule I used in my email below. These schedules apply to all zones.

Zone Control Type Sched, !- Name
    Control Type,            !- Schedule Type Limits Name
    Through: 12/31,          !- Field 1
    For: SummerTypical,      !- Field 2
    Until: 24:00,            !- Field 3
    2,                       !- Field 4