Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] DX Heating Coil HSPF

My advise is to reference the relevent section of the engineering reference for the rating calculations which states that the rating value calculations are done as per the AHRI standards, which also show how performance data is entered by the user as "gross", i.e. that the fan heat is is seperately considered during simulation, but is included for the equipment rating calculation as required by AHRI.

It is however YOUR responsibility to understand and enter the "gross" values in your dx object, i.e. the rating values before fan heat is considered for values such as "rated capacity", "rated CoP" as required by the dx object. The fan heat is added during the rating values calculation as per your entry of specific rated fan power in W/m^3/s and rated flowrate in m^3/s. This is not automatically tied in with how you define your fan object elsewhere, but should do.

Essentially e+ runs the unit through the test points just like described in the AHRI standards.

Mit freundlichen GrüÃ?en- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)

i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23