Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Unmet Hours from Outdoor Air Units in EnergyPlus

Hi Jean,

1). My primary HVAC system is VariableRefrigerantFlow, as far as i know it doesn't require an airloop. It behaves like an unitary AC split which only circulates refrigerant, and use available indoor air to cool the zone. I used only Sizing:Zone and/or Sizing:Parameters to adjust its capacity. The "Sensible" and "Ventilation Requirement" options are in Sizing:System which I don't use. To provide fresh air for occupants, another secondary system, a single zone OAU (ZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit) was added on each zone and worked alongside the primary VRF unit.

2). All of the unmet hours are in cooling due to the warm humid climate of Surabaya - Indonesia.

3). I didn't use any availibility manager, I used Schedule:Compact to set it on and off. Does this av manager would enable us to get more control over zones?

4). I didn't't use setpoint manager either, is it different from ThermostatSetpoint? is it necessary?

5). The priority had been set in ZoneHVAC:EquipmentConnection, with OutdoorAirUnit was in the 1st sequence and VRF TU was in the 2nd.

I have uploaded my example file in my previous reply for Julien, would you mind checking them also?
Thank you for your kind attention.

Regards,
Ade

Posted by: ad3_prasetya@xxxxxxxxx