Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Custom climate file rendering simulations corrupt

Joe,

The "Start Year" input field of the RunPeriod object seems to just be meta-data that the user can set. I say this because after some testing for a single simulation and repeated simulations using the "Number of Times Runperiod to be Repeated" input field of the RunPeriod object, the entered start year doesn't appear in the ESO output file and therefore the CSV time series output file. The only output file that references the starting year for simulations is the EIO file.

The "Day of Week for Start Day" input field of the RunPeriod object provides flexibility for the user to override the starting day of the week specified in the EPW file. Leaving this field blank would cause the simulation to use the starting day of the week specified in the EPW file.

In my testing, altering the "Start Year" input field didn't change the starting day of the week, only the "Day of Week for Start Day" did. EnergyPlus isn't referencing the "Start Year" input field to then know what the starting day of the week should be, it's just reading the "Day of Week for Start Day" input field.

I hope that clears up some of your questions.

Regards,

Aaron Boranian
Senior Energy Engineer, Big Ladder Software

Posted by: flyn.hawyn@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/