Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Performance curves of electric chiller

Hello,

TCON    = Entering condenser water temperature = TCEnt required (from
TNCON   = Nominal entering condenser water temperature; = TCEnt rated (from
TCW     = Leaving chilled water temperature; = TELv required (from previous
message)
TNCW    = Nominal leaving chilled water temperature. = TELv rated (from

Nominal Entering Condenser Water Temperature: = TNCON   =  TCEnt rated
This is the temperature of the water/air entering the condenser under
nominal conditions.  To find the value for this in our data we have to
locate the nominal conditions in the table of manufacturer's data.  A Map
Point is a value of chiller capacity and power consumption at a given
condenser temperature and leaving chilled water temperature.  Now the
nominal condition map point must be identified.  Manufacturers try to
provide a map point at or very close to nominal conditions and sometimes it
takes a little judgement to decide which point is closest to the nominal
conditions.  Otherwise, a couple of points can be selected and a run done
for each to determine which results most accurately represent the data
provided.

Nominal Leaving Chilled Water Temperature: = TNCW   = TELv rated
This is the temperature of the chilled water leaving the chiller at nominal
operating conditions.  This is the chilled water temperature at the nominal
conditions map point.

Second Entering Condenser Temperature: = TCON   = TCEnt required
This is the temperature of water/air entering the condenser at a second
operating point which is still at the nominal capacity but not at nominal
temperatures or nominal power.  You may have to interpolate to find this
point.

Second Chilled Water Temperature: = TCW = TELv required
This is the temperature of chilled water leaving the chiller at a second
operating point that is at the nominal capacity but not at nominal
temperatures or nominal power.  This point may have to be
interpolated.  Normally this point, or the second entering condenser
temperature, has to be interpolated but not both.

The second temperatures at nominal capacity and the nominal values are used
in calculating the equivalent temperature (Teq).  Teq is used to quantify
the departure of actual temperatures from their nominal values, in a single
variable as a function of entering condenser temperature and leaving
chilled water temperature.

Thanks Richard Liesen

Upgrade to 128-Bit SSL Security!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/p7cEmB/s7qGAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM