Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to deal with a wall which has different structures in different parts

At 01:50 AM 1/2/2005, mshirong wrote:
>In my simulation, The wall structure is:
>up and down the window, it has a concrete layer and a insulation layer.
>but on the left and right of the window, it has a concrete layer only. The
>two concrete layers have the same thickness.

If you have three pieces in the wall, then you can model the wall in three
pieces:

=== Concrete ==| == concrete w/insul == | == Concrete ==
                              |  ==  Window  ==            |

if the window placement is crucial.  If the window is nearly all that part
of the wall (with insulation), that piece of the wall will be somewhat
insigificant.

You could also model the above and compare it with the wall using just the
concrete and window as the constructions and see what the difference is.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team