[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Rapid Model Development and Calibration Question

Erik,

I would have to agree with JV, that short time frame and modeling are polar opposites.  I'm quite new to the energy modeling scene and it's a struggle getting up to speed.  Anyway, that said, what about using Design Builder and/or their Survey Data Collection & Calibration tool (currently in alpha test version).   Here's the description:

The Survey Data Collection and Calibration Tool can be used forcreating calibrated DesignBuilder thermal simulation models, i.e.thermal models that are capable of predicting measured energyconsumptions.

http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,17/Itemid,30/

Just out of curiosity, what approach are you taking for the standard operating procedures and detailed steps to be
 followed at a eachs stage of the process and the most relevant parameters.  Are you using aspects of  ASHRAE 90.1  and/or Appendix G (Bldg Perf. Rating Method)

Anyway, hope that's of some use.  Let us know how things go!

Erik  (yes, that's right; spelled the same way!)