RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Design Day V.S. Schedule

You need to look at the name carefully.

If Zone average [ ] is included, it  is for all the windows in that zone.

Zone with individual window name is for that window only.

zone window heat gain is not for just the radiation energy.

When the outdoor air temperture is higher than the zone, there will be a heat gain.  I.e., there is window heat gain, when the zone is cooled.

Your can turn off the skyclearness in the DesignDay object to observe this.

WinterDesignDay object usually has the skyclearance set to zero.

If there is blind installed and closed, part of the radiation portion is there, if not reflected..

 Dr. Li