Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] HVAC Templates

Yes, I'm aware of those error warnings, but few of them are related to geometry errors which I can check up later, and the others relate to zero loads in some of the zones. I thought they are not much of a big deal, but will look in to it later on today. Simulation time is quite long on my computer also. I wish it was more faster so you would have time for more detailed look.  This the reason why I never use weather file annual file simulation until all the errors and warnings are zero.
 I never thought of that, but thinking about it now that is an excellent advice Dr. Li! Will follow this later on in the future.

I did not use .ddy data for Summer/WinterDesignDays because I've used WeatherFile for nearest city to mine for annual simulation, and DesignDay data from more "reliable" source. They do mismatch but in in a very small degree.   If you say so.  I cannot prove it, because the environment outdoor temperature was not displayed.  If the designDay objects are not correct, the sizing information will also be wrong.  My main concern is that the daily temperature variation range was not given.

Yes, you're right! After I analyzed design results I realized that my DesignData were not correct after all. So, I was entirely my mistake. There are still many "blanks" in my E+ approach for now considering that I'm pretty much new to all of this stuff. I did not realize that Daily Temperature Variation Range is that important for DesignDay data, but will keep that in mind for all of mine future simulations.

In my applications, I do not schedule the plants and system as you do.
There will be no cooling guard action, if the cooling supply is turned off.  However, it is not necessary to turn on the whole plant.  Therefore, there are large chiller and smaller options and auxiliary heater options.
Providing a zone or air loop chedule does not turn on the plant, unless the plant is turned on when the Fan is turned on. (Using fan ON as the available  schedule for the plants.)

I did notice in many of example files usage of Fan Schedules for Plant On/Off regime. I did kept that in mind when I designed my HVAC system. Anyways, I will sweep-up my whole IDF file from scratch and check my approach in general.

You only have one AHU for the whole building.  I do not think there is any HVAC designed that way.   One cooling coil  and fan for the whole building.

No, of course there isn't. That was just a preliminary HVAC design, but instead I should have assigned one AHU per floor, or something like that. Thanks for mentioning that to me.

2. I've noticed on E+ Yahoo Group startup page information about new release of EnergyPlus, version 6.0.0.037! Did you had time to test it out? Any major improvements?
037 is a bug fix release for 023 release.  Both versions worked fine for me.  The detail is in the EPluse support yahoo website.

 Downloaded it yesterday, happy to report that simulation time is down by 30+% and working stable for now.

Thanks Dr. Li, cheers..
Boby